Job Title: Web Development Education Apprentice
Work Location: Must be based in California or Indiana (option to work remotely or from office in San Francisco)
Reports to: Academic Support Manager
Annual Salary: Commensurate, based on experience
The TLM Education Department is looking for talented and motivated former TLM program participants who are interested in developing professionally and academically as part of the Web Development Education Apprenticeship. This position is a 6-month full-time position, during which you will provide remote instructional support to current TLM students and simultaneously pursue continuing education and professional development opportunities. This role presents a unique opportunity to develop on-the-job professional skills, work towards long-term career goals, and give back to the TLM community by helping current students.
- Instructional Support (75%)
- Evaluate and provide individualized feedback on student work.
- Respond to student queries in a timely manner.
- Collaborate closely with other TLM staff including the Academic Support Manager, Director of Programs, Director of Education, and other Web Development Education Apprentices to manage and refine curriculum.
- Use feedback from students and classroom facilitators to provide recommendations for curricular updates and changes.
- Support with curriculum review and the creation of new curricular content.
- Maintain a positive and supportive attitude at all times. Provide honest and constructive feedback and appropriate encouragement to students, classroom facilitators, and colleagues.
- Continuing Education and Professional Development (25%)
- Work with TLM staff including the Academic Support Manager, Director of Programs, and Director of Education to define long term professional goals.
- Participate in online coursework related to professional goals.
- Participate in mentorship sessions with industry leaders to build career readiness skills.
- Work with other TLM departments to gain experience in different roles.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Former TLM program participant.
- Embrace challenges and adopt new responsibilities with creativity, initiative, and self-direction.
- Ability to adjust explanations of complex technical concepts using multiple analogies or images.
- Demonstrate comfort with adjusting work to evolving priorities in a dynamic work environment.
- Available to attend weekly team and department meetings, either in person or virtually.
- Works well in team environments.
- Believe that anyone can learn to code.
- Teaching or software engineering experience.
- Strong communication skills with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com if you are interested.
TLM is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and fair chance hiring at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected class.