Job Title: Web Development Education Apprentice: Remote Instruction
Work Location: Remote or San Francisco
Reports to: Remote Instruction Manager
Annual Salary: Commensurate, based on experience
The TLM Education Department is looking for talented and motivated former TLM program participants who are interested in developing professionally and academically as part of the Web Development Education Apprenticeship. This position is an 8-month full-time position, during which you will provide support to current TLM students, classroom facilitators, and remote instructors while simultaneously pursuing continuing education and professional development opportunities. This role presents a unique opportunity to develop on-the-job professional skills, work towards long-term career goals, and give back to the TLM community by helping current students.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Remote instruction (75%)
- Provide technical support for classrooms facilitators and Remote Instructors during instructional sessions
- Keep track of time and provide feedback on the content and engagement levels of students for each session
- Take technical notes on Remote Instruction sessions
- Assess student performance on classwork assigned during Remote Instruction Sessions.
- Collect and track data about class performance and lesson effectiveness
- Provide feedback on lesson plans and suggest topics to cover in upcoming lesson plans
- Collaborate across teams on departmental projects and initiatives
- Participate in regular team and department meetings
- Continuing Education and Professional Development (25%)
- Work with TLM staff including the Remote Instruction Manager and Chief Operating Officer to define long term professional goals.
- Participate in online coursework related to professional goals.
- Participate in mentorship sessions with industry leaders to build career readiness skills.
- Work with other TLM departments to gain experience in different roles.
You are a strong fit for this job if….
- You have experience with learning inside the justice system
- You have great communication skills
- You have a passion for cutting-edge technology and web development
- You work well with a team
- You love using data to inform decision making
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Former TLM program participant.
- Embrace challenges and adopt new responsibilities with creativity, initiative, and self-direction.
- Demonstrate comfort with adjusting work to evolving priorities in a dynamic work environment.
- Available to attend weekly team and department meetings, either in person or virtually.
- Works well in team environments.
- Believe that anyone can learn to code.
- Teaching or software engineering experience.
- Strong communication skills with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com if you are interested.
TLM is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and second chances at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected class.