Job Title: Senior Programs Manager
Work Location: San Francisco
Reports to: Director of Programs
Annual Salary: Commensurate, based on experience
The Senior Programs Manager is responsible for overseeing and carrying out day-to-day operations involving TLM’s Education Programs nationwide. This role will work in tandem with the TLM Education Department to ensure TLM is providing proficient curriculum to meet the needs of our students while also adhering to policy and guidelines set by TLM and TLM’s partner organizations.
The Senior Programs Manager ensures the delivery of the education programs to the existing TLM locations and identifies enhancements and changes to the current programs to ensure that the operation and administration of TLM’s Education Programs are efficient. This position will manage communications with TLM government partners and DOC administrations to ensure fluid and effective programming as well as maintain the channels of communication from classroom facilitators and other in-facility staff with the TLM Programs Department.
The Senior Programs Manager also manages strategic relationships with TLM volunteering partners. Volunteering is a vital component of TLM programs and TLM relies on quality, relevant, and consistent engagement from key partners in the form of classroom workshops, remote video calls, webinars, and more. This position will cultivate the higher-level relationships with volunteering partners, including the creation and presentation of regular impact reports. In collaboration with the Director of Programs, this position will also continue to develop a vision and roadmap for TLM volunteering offerings as well as an implementation plan.
The Senior Programs Manager is involved in TLM expansion efforts by participating in procedural and operational conversations with new state partners and assisting in internal strategic planning and program deployment. This position will command a comprehensive knowledge of facility and classroom operational knowledge and will provide that perspective in all appropriate scenarios.
- Manage facility administrative communication relating to programming
- Oversee daily facility operations in accordance with TLM and partner guidelines and regulations
- Manage TLM Programs Department operational staff
- Manage education program offering
- Support ongoing facilitator training
- Manage all communication with TLM facility locations
- Support facilitators with classroom management and culture
- Oversee the monitoring of facility Slack channels
- Manage student and facilitator feedback process
- Quantify reporting and success metrics of current program offering (facility, equipment, staff)
- In collaboration with the Director of Programs, develop strategic plan for all TLM volunteer offerings, including program definition, success metrics, and implementation details
- Monitor, track, and report on TLM volunteering efforts, deriving key metrics of success and implementing feedback for program improvement
- Manage high-level relationships with partners, meet with stakeholders, create and present regular progress/impact reports
- Participate in operational conversations with state partners, discussing expansion
- Lead onboarding efforts for expansion states and new partner staff
- Coordinate TLM Engineering with partner staff to ensure equipment delivery and installation
- Track and report on expansion statistics, success and efficacy metrics to ensure sustainable expansion
- Assist with and inform internal TLM expansion planning
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Preference given to those with experience working with incarcerated individuals, at-risk youth or similar environment
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Experience developing program implementation plans
- Experience managing and maintaining high-level relationships with external partners
- Working knowledge of Web Development technologies and practices (HTML, CSS, JS, React, etc) is preferred
This position will be located in San Francisco and will include visits to the TLM prison locations.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.