Job Title: Senior Manager of Web Development
Work Location: San Francisco or remote
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Annual Salary: Commensurate, based on experience
The Senior Manager of Web Development provides the strategy and vision for the design and development of the Web Development Program. They ensure that the program responds to participant needs, evolving market trends, and technical requirements within TLM classrooms.
The Senior Manager of Web Development manages the curriculum, remote instruction, and academic support teams for all TLM’s Web Development classrooms, ensuring that the services TLM provides to students are internally aligned and build upon one another. They communicate a shared vision to each team to guide the program’s design, and provide professional development opportunities to ensure that staff have opportunities to stay current with technologies. The Senior Manager of Web Development works closely with the Senior Manager of Classroom Operations to build within the constraints of the TLM platform and classroom environment and capitalize on the resources and feedback the participants and classroom facilitators provide. They also collaborate with the Senior Manager of Partnerships in soliciting feedback on and supplemental resources for the program as well as understanding needs and requirements from hiring partners in order to incorporate those into program design.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Create and enact strategic vision for all Web Development teams.
- Design internal documentation for the Web Development Program to align team workflows and standardize student experience.
- Drive the content development and review cycle across all Web Development teams.
- Design pilot projects and courses to differentiate offerings across student demographics.
- Assess needs and provide recommendations on improving student performance.
- Align programmatic design with best-in-class bootcamps and similar programs.
- Work closely with Classroom Operations and Engineering departments to ensure delivery of program aligns with facility and security requirements.
- Solicit input from hiring partners and content providers in the content and design of the Web Development Program.
- High level strategic thinking and planning.
- Knowledge of current tools, best practices, and trends in the web development industry and eagerness to learn and stay up to date on computer science education.
- Embrace challenges and new responsibilities with creativity, initiative, and self-direction.
- Be an intellectually curious and responsive team contributor, deliver and receive feedback regularly.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and collaborate with staff.
- Proven organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Empathetic, sincere passion and understanding of TLM’s mission, pillars, and community interests
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Belief that anyone can learn to code.
To apply, please visit our job board.
TLM is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and second chances at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected class.