Job Title: Returned Citizen Advocate
Work Location: California or Indiana (option to work remotely or from office in San Francisco)
Reports to: Sr Programs Manager
Annual Salary: Commensurate, based on experience
The TLM Reentry Department initially creates connections and builds rapport with students while students are still enrolled in the program, in order to support students’ successful and smooth reentry. When students are released, they will be assigned to an RC advocate who will act as the primary point of contact for that student in preparation for the individual’s personal and professional journey after returning to society.
TLM believes an individualized approach is most effective to provide adequate and appropriate support for TLM program alumni. The RC advocate builds out a profile (including personal information, career aspirations, and post-incarceration support) for each returned citizen on their caseload, maintains regular contact with the returned citizen, and coordinates with other reentry and TLM staff to ensure each returned citizen is getting appropriate and equitable support and access to resources.
TLM RC advocates are also responsible for supporting the planning and implementation of TLM Reentry special projects for returned citizens. Under the direction of the senior programs manager and in coordination with other Reentry Department staff, the RC advocate assists in coordination and communication efforts for TLM Reentry initiatives and programs, including but not limited to webinars, workshops, community activities, and networking events.
Required Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for returned citizens on their caseload
- Develop a reentry profile for each returned citizen on their caseload
- Collect and maintain up to date information about returned citizens on their caseload, including contact information, post-release education, and employment status
- Support returned citizens on their caseload by providing access, guidance, resources, or referrals
- Assist returned citizens in developing individualized goals to determine prospective learning paths and career interests
- Regularly meet with other Reentry Department staff regarding trends in service delivery and common topics of interest amongst TLM returned citizens and identify areas of potential future support and growth
- Solicit and use feedback from RCs to inform current and future reentry offerings
- Identify and prioritize RCs in need of urgent support
- Keep detailed notes and records in Salesforce for each RC
- Propose, develop and plan projects and initiatives for TLM returned citizens
- Support the implementation of project plans including but not limited to: organizing workshops, hosting webinars, coordinating sponsored events
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Lived experience as a justice-impacted person or experience working with incarcerated individuals, at-risk youth, or similar populations
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience using Salesforce
- Literacy and comfort with various technology communication and video calling platforms
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to form strong connections and build rapport with others
- Ability to keep accurate and thorough records
- Experience with post-incarceration reentry work
- Professional or educational experience in computer science/web development
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com if you are interested.