Job Title: Remote Instruction Manager
Work Location: Based in San Francisco office, or remotely in California or Indiana
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Annual Salary: Commensurate, based on experience
The Remote Instruction Team at The Last Mile is searching for a passionate and empathic Remote Instruction Manager to support and lead the Remote Instruction Team in developing and iterating on current instructional material aligned with our coding curriculum.
As Remote Instruction Manager, you will work closely with in-facility classroom facilitators, students, and the larger Education Team to support our students and staff.
- Manage a team of part- and full-time RI instructors and coordinators in providing targeted supplemental instruction and assessment for classrooms across states and classrooms
- Lead the development of replicable, scalable lesson plans and course materials that respond to the needs of incarcerated students
- Identify success metrics for instruction and provides feedback and coaching across all RI roles
- Facilitate the Remote Instruction team’s lesson development process
- Design systems to collect and analyze performance data about student performance and RI efficacy and communicate high-level findings across org.
- Manage databases of lesson plans and code examples as resources for the Ed Department and as reference for students and facilitators.
- Collaborate closely with other TLM staff including the Curriculum team, Classroom Operations team, and Programs department to align on program offerings and design
- Maintain a positive and supportive attitude
- Create a consistent and predictable structure for students across all classrooms
- Provide honest and constructive actionable feedback and appropriate encouragement to students and colleagues
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Experience teaching or facilitating sessions in formal or informal educational settings
- Embrace challenges and adopt new responsibilities with creativity, initiative, and self-direction
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and self-motivation by staying up to date on modern web development standards and project management technologies and tools
- Be a responsive team contributor, delivering and receiving feedback regularly, and asking questions as necessary
- Demonstrate comfort with adjusting work to evolving priorities in a dynamic work environment
- Believe that anyone can learn to code
- 1-3 years of professional experience, which may include teaching people, writing technical curriculum, or working in engineering roles
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with a diverse set of programming languages, such as Python, Ruby, MySQL, and responsive design
- Proficiency in project or program management
- Experience working with incarcerated individuals, system-impacted youth, or similar populations
- Proficiency in Git, especially developing lesson branches and optimizing dependencies
- Strong and creative communicator who can deliver engaging content for students of varying levels of proficiency
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com if you are interested.
TLM is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and second chances at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected class.