Job Title: Product Manager
Work Location: San Francisco, CA
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Annual Salary: Commensurate, based on experience
The Product Manager is responsible for the development, packaging, and iteration of the foundational platform for The Last Mile’s (TLM) products. Specifically, the Product Manager will be responsible for TLM’s customized Learning Management System, which provides our learners with access to TLM’s curriculum. Another key role of the Product Manager is to own the production of TLM’s Remote Instruction offering. This role will work across various cross-functional groups in the company to deliver TLM’s products that are world-class, secure, stable and scalable. The Product Manager will be part of TLM’s leadership team.
This role will work closely with Director(s) of Education, Curriculum, and Programs.
Required Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gain a deep understanding of TLM, especially TLM’s Learning Management System
- Own TLM products from conception to launch, working with our Education/Curriculum Program/Reentry teams to deliver transformative products that derive value from our unique strengths as a business
- Product strategy: ensure that we have a comprehensive platform product strategy for achieving TLM’s vision and operating plan
- Work directly with Founders and COO to shape TLM’s long-term Product and business direction and requirements
- Prepare/Present to Founders and COO product trade-off decisions for scope, schedule and cost
- Product development leader: work collaboratively across the company to identify and resolve risks to our development plan
- Drive results through collaboration and clear communication across the data, design, marketing and engineering teams to ensure alignment
- Coordinate with Education/Curriculum/Program/Reentry teams to develop and act on learners/graduates/partners’ feedback regarding our products and services
- Adopt a data-driven approach to analyze the implementation of features based on learner and business impact
- Ensure consistency of TLM learners’ experience with Learning Management System across programs
- Build the next generation of our Learning Management System as we approach massive growth
- Analyze competitive offerings within new product lines
- Create support and training documents for internal and external stakeholders
- Proven success in product management for both small and large organizations
- The ability to conceptualize a product, and take it to the marketplace
- Ideally comes from a CS or similar background
- More than 4 years Product Management experience in education, CS, or similar background
- Ability to balance strategic and detailed thinking
- Ability to communicate with team members representing a wide range of personalities and skills
- Experience in producing videos
TLM is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity and second chances at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected class.
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to submit a cover letter and resume.