Job Title: Platform Systems Engineer
Work Location: San Francisco, CA
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Annual Salary: Commensurate, based on experience
The Engineering team manages and supports technical operations across The Last Mile organization, ranging from internal tooling, and our Platform as a Service (PaaS) which operates in prisons across the country. Daily engagements range from fielding ad-hoc requests supporting remote facilities, to proactive monitoring of our PaaS infrastructure, and deployments using our automation frameworks. This is a highly collaborative role, with the opportunity to engage with an extremely broad range of systems and technologies.
The Platform Systems Engineer is engaged with all aspects of technology for The Last Mile, including internal business systems, and the infrastructure and platforms supporting the services the program delivers. This includes involvement in the selection process for systems and platforms in support of organizational requirements and designing their implementation, all the way through deployment, monitoring, managing operational support, and updating. This role is also responsible for the management, and support of our zero-trust network infrastructure, and ensuring organization maintains suitable controls and audit mechanisms.
Work with other members of the Engineering team to:
- Provide first responder support to facilities via tickets, e-mail, Slack, and internal escalations
- Prioritize efforts, support escalations, and drive resolutions in a timely manner
- Monitor platform infrastructure, and responding to alerting
- Coordinate platform updates, and deployments across the organization
Required Skills and Experience:
- A passion for solving challenges, and empowering people through technology
- Strong verbal, and written communication skills
- Management of layered GCP projects and shared VPC’s through Terraform
- Use of Palo Alto Networks Panorama to manage remote devices and networks
- Performing deployments, and configuring instances using Ansible
- Remotely supporting MacOS, and ChromeOS environments
- Managing Open Source infrastructure, including Linux
- A strong understanding of IP networking, including switching, routing, 802.1x, and support of fundamental IP services and protocols (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, IPsec)
- A strong understanding of computer hardware and peripherals
- Integration, extension and support of OAuth + SAML authentication + authorization
- Tiered G Suite administration of both devices, and users
- Support and maintenance of ticket, and git driven workflows
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com if you are interested.
TLM is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and fair chance hiring at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected class.