Job Title : Administrative Assistant
Work Location: TLM Office, 717 Market Street, Ste. 100
Reports to: Program Coordinator, Program Director
Start Date: October 2018
The Last Mile (TLM) is the first prison program to provide in-prison software engineering training. We
believe that having a job is the key to successful reentry and breaking the cycle of incarceration. Through
in-prison software engineering training and continued mentorship post-release, The Last Mile bridges the
gap between incarceration and freedom.
The Administrative Assistant supports the Program Coordinator by performing duties related to social
media, event planning, and general administrative and clerical support. Strong candidates are dynamic,
self-starters with an interest in justice reform and non-profit development.
Duties and responsibilities:
● Monitor and maintain inbound inquiries, connecting appropriate staff member if necessary
● Respond and track donors, donation letters
● Maintain accurate records in TLM spreadsheet / database (Salesforce knowledge is a plus)
● Data entry and file maintenance (i.e. potential grants, interested states, potential expansion)
● Performs general clerical duties: scanning, photocopying, mailing, faxing, filing, printing
● Provide resource material (reentry, non profits, project based) for students or classroom facilitator
● Assist Program Coordinator with day-to-day marketing tasks and coordinating marketing projects
and activities as requested, including content for Facebook, Twitter, website, and newsletter.
● Assist Program Coordinator with event logistics, including attendee tracking
● Assist Program Coordinator with all aspects of programmatic meetings as necessary with
scheduling, set-up, implementation, etc
● Assist in various duties with staff as needed, including coordinating travel
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
● This is an administrative role that requires excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Good
communication skills are a must, as there will be frequent email, phone and in-person contact. Passion,
experience in justice reform is a plus.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
● This is a detail-oriented position that requires a solid understanding and comfort level working with
industry standard office management applications including spreadsheet, word processing and database
software, as well as, social media such as Facebook and Twitter. This is not a software development role,
and software engineering skills are not required.
● Work for this role will typically be done in an office environment at The Last Mile office in downtown San
Francisco, remote occasionally.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com if you are interested.