Job Title: Dev Ops and IT Manager
Work Location: San Francisco
Reports to: Director of Programs
Annual Salary: Commensurate, based on experience
The Engineering team manages and supports technical operations across The Last Mile organization, ranging from internal tooling, and our Platform as a Service (PaaS) which operates in prisons across the country. Daily engagements range from fielding ad-hoc requests supporting remote facilities, to proactive monitoring of our PaaS infrastructure, and deployments using our automation frameworks. This is a highly collaborative role, with the opportunity to engage with an extremely broad range of systems and technologies.
The Dev Ops and IT Manager ensures the delivery of the education programs to the existing TLM locations and identifies enhancements and changes to the current programs to ensure that the operation and administration of TLM’s Education Programs are efficient. This position will manage communications with TLM government partners and DOC administrations to ensure fluid and effective programming as well as maintain the channels of communication from classroom facilitators and other in-facility staff with the TLM Programs Department.
The Dev Ops and IT Manager is responsible for all aspects of technology for The Last Mile, including internal business systems, and the infrastructure and platforms supporting the services the program delivers. This includes selection of systems and platforms in support of organizational requirements and designing their implementation, all the way through deployment, monitoring, managing operational support, and updating. This role is also responsible for the design and management of our zero-trust network infrastructure, and ensuring organization maintains suitable controls and audit mechanisms. This role also works closely with our various partners in order to ensure the continued success of our installations.
Work with other members of the Engineering team to:
- Provide first responder support to facilities via tickets, e-mail, Slack, and internal escalations
- Prioritize efforts, support escalations, and drive resolutions in a timely manner
- Monitor platform infrastructure, and responding to alerting
- Coordinate platform updates, and deployments across the organization
- Create and deliver presentations of The Last Mile PaaS to government partners
Required Skills and Experience:
- A passion for solving challenges, and empowering people through technology
- Strong verbal, and written communication skills
- Budget management, and cost control
- Management of layered GCP projects and shared VPC’s through Terraform
- Use of Palo Alto Networks Panorama to manage remote devices and networks
- Performing deployments, and configuring instances using Ansible
- Remotely supporting MacOS, and ChromeOS environments
- Managing Open Source infrastructure, including Linux
- A strong understanding of IP networking, including switching, routing, 802.1x, and support of fundamental IP services and protocols (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, IPsec)
- A strong understanding of computer hardware and peripherals
- Integration, extension and support of OAuth + SAML authentication + authorization
- Design and security of zero-trust environments, and developing information security practices
- Developing cross platform CI/CD pipelines
- Tiered G Suite administration of both devices, and users
- Support and maintenance of ticket, and git driven workflows
This position will be located in San Francisco and will include visits to the TLM prison locations.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com if you are interested.